Supercharged Mint Smoothie
Ok, so I know fall is coming and its getting cooler, but there are still a few weeks of warm enough for a smoothie weather. This green monster is so full of deliciousness, nutrition and crave satisfaction that I had to share it. Morning rituals are something I firmly believe in. How you start your day sets the stage for everything that you need to accomplish, want to explore, and feel full of vitality. I find much peace in waking before the rest of the house, and taking time for meditation, hydration (at least two glasses of water upon waking), and reading. I set an intention for the day and determine what needs to take priority. After washing up I proceed to make breakfast.
Having a green smoothie for breakfast is a wonderful idea for several reasons:
1. Its quick
2. Its easy for your body to digest and absorb resulting in more energy to power through your morning vs energy to digest a heavy meal
3. Variety: play with different vegetable, fruits, spices and herbs
4. Nutrient Dense: Its insane how many veggies you can eat by 8am
5. Delicious: Add tasty superfoods such as cacao, vanilla, spirulina, maca, matcha, and bee pollan
This green smoothie tasted a bit more like peppermint ice cream than actual vegetables, and that was fine by my standards. Here’s the ingredient breakdown.
Peppermint Power Shake
1 cup frozen spinach
1 cup avocado (chopped and frozen overnight)
1 cup frozen butternut squash
1 tsp maca
1 scoop Collagen Peptides or Pea Protein
1 handful of peppermint leaves or 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
1/2 cup of zucchini slices
stevia, vanilla, and cinnamon to taste
1. Throw everything in a high speed blender (I use a vitamix) and pulse a view times. Use tamper to mix while you crank up the speed and blend until smooth.
2. Spoon into a glass and top with your superfood of choice ( I used bee pollen and chopped brazil nuts), and of course enjoy!!!