Friday Fave Five
Hey sorry for being MIA with no new recipes this week. Its been a busy few days putting all the gardens to bed for the winter, repotting plants to bring inside and becoming a gypsy once again.
This weeks fave five are short and sweet:
1. Thing I'm reading: The Art of Learning by Josh Waitzkin. From chess prodigy to martial arts master, Josh writes about how these two arts taught him everything he needed to know about life, facing adversity and finding the meaning of life separate from ego identity.
2. Things I'm listening to: I've been obsessing over Regina Carter, a truly amazing jazz violist. Look her up on the tube to indulge your ears.
3. Things I'm eating: I've been feeling a cold coming on so I'm pretty much double fisting bone broth right now. Here's a great instructional video on how to make your own.
4. Products I'm loving: Four Sigmatics mushroom elixir drinks, currently I'm drinking the Chaga for a little immunity boost.
5. Quote I'm contemplating: "Success leaves Clues" -Tony Robbins. If you were to reinvent the wheel it would probably be round. This quote is a great reminder that we don't have to start from scratch, we can avoid obsticles or over come them by looking to mentors who have faced similar adversities. If you're starting a business, going back to school, etc. look for others who have taken the path before you and adopt there strategies. Of course don't forget to put your own voice and spin on things.
Peace and Love. I'm off to Chicago for the weekend to visit with some of my fave peoples!