Five Fave Fridays
Rain drops on roses and mushrooms on forest floors, here are a few of my favorite things....
Hey everyone, I am so excited to announce a new segment for you lovely souls. There are so many things I would love to share with everyone, but the topics change from week to week and even day to day. There is never enough time to digest and explain all the things that have inspired me throughout the week, so I decided to create my Five Fave Fridays. Every Friday I will be putting together five things that I have found interesting, inspiring or things that I am experimenting with. These could be articles, videos, music, gardening tricks, classes or products that I am trying out. My goal is to spread a little joy, knowledge, and inspiring thoughts to all that I can reach. As a bonus if you're curious about certain products and don't feel like spending money on them before using, stay tuned as I may very well be your guinea pig!
So here's this weeks FAVE FIVE!!
1. What I'm listening to: I am a huge fan of podcasts and audiobooks. It fantastic being able to learn so much while also cleaning your bathroom, driving, doing laundry and cooking! Although nonfiction tends to be my jam, this week I have been listening to The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. It is a fantastic story about a young boy who grows up in a graveyard and raised by the dead. Its full of mystery, wonder and its perfect for this time of year. I'm listening to the full cast edition which is such a delight.
2. Sun Potion: He Shou Wu is excellent for the endocrine glands and building resistance to colds while enhancing the immune functions. It also works to promote red blood cells, improve stamina, and increase antioxidant activity which we can all get a little boost of while the seasons are changing. Every morning I make a super food latte (I will share my favorite recipe this weekend) and have been loving the addition of the he shou wu. I find it to be very grounding and have noticed that I have more stable energy throughout the day! Wu hoo!
3. Article I'm reading: How One Engineer Made his Hobby Pay Off. Everyone would love to be doing work that they really enjoy and believe in, and I'm always inspired by the stories of individuals that are living out this truth.
4. Things I'm enjoying: Infrared Sauna. I absolutely love going to the sauna to get my sweat on. The benefits are seriously amazing and not limited to deep detoxification, relaxation of tight muscle, and pretty much the best place to meditate and take an hour with no phone, no computer, no talking, just being! Such a healing experience. If you're in the twin cities look up Awaken For Wellness, as they usually have new customer deals!
5. Quote I'm pondering: Thanks to my obsession with Tim Ferris and to his obsession with stoic philosophy I've found this. “When your sparring partner scratches or head-butts you, you don’t then make a show of it, or protest, or view him with suspicion or as plotting against you. And yet you keep an eye on him, not as an enemy or with suspicion, but with a healthy avoidance…. You should act this way with all things in life. We should give a pass to many things with our fellow trainees. For, as I’ve said, it’s possible to avoid without suspicion or hate.”
— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, 6.20
I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend. Much love and many blessings!