Chocolate Mint Truffles
What is it about chocolate that has captivated Homo sapiens for thousands of year?
Now I could go on about the amazing antioxidants and flavonoids raw cacao contain that help prevent free radical damage to your cells. Or the fact that chocolate promotes the release of serotonin, endorphins, and other mood enhancing compounds such as theobromine and phenylethymine. (Yes chocolate really does make you happier!). To the ancient civilization of the Mayans cacao was considered the food of the food of the gods, reserved for ceremony and the high priests and royalty. I definitely feel like a queen every time I experience the goddess energy, and heart warming energy of this sacred bean.
This recipe was made to hold the integrity and purity of raw cacao, appropriate for honoring the infinite being of your soul and connecting you with heart felt creativity. This recipe will be sure to satisfy any craving by nourishing you mind, body and soul.
Peppermint Cacao Truffles
-make approximately 20 small balls or 10 large balls.
• 1 cup almonds soaked for 8 hours and drained
• 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
• 2 Tbls organic chia seeds
• 1/4 cup organic raw cacao powder or cacao nibs
• 1/2 cup medjool dates with pits removed
• 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil (melted)
• 2 – 3 drops of food grade peppermint essential oil
• Coconut flakes for rolling
1. Combine all ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined and in a crumbly, paste-type consistency.
2. Scoop small spoonful’s and squeeze tightly in the palm of your hands then roll between the palms of your hands into a small ball shape. Note: wetting your hands with water or coconut oil will help the dough from sticking to your hands.
3. Serve plain, roll in sesame seeds, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds or chia seeds.
4. Refrigerate or freeze to firm up and store
5. Enjoy with a cup of herbal tea!